Working area: Investment Management
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Working hours: Full-time/ Part-time
Finance in Motion is a global impact asset manager focused exclusively on sustainable development in low and middle-income countries. The company develops and advises impact investment funds whose blended finance structures bring together public and private investors to address climate change, strengthen biodiversity conversation, foster the sustainable use of natural resources, improve livelihoods, and promote economic opportunities.
Over the course of its operations, Finance in Motion has unleashed a cumulative total of over EUR 5 billion toward these goals in Southeast Europe, the Caucasus, Latin America, the Middle East and North Africa, and sub-Saharan Africa. In addition to investment activities, the funds also provide technical assistance to support investees, foster responsible finance, and maximize impact in the countries they serve.
Since its foundation in 2009, the company has consistently recorded year-on-year growth and expanded into new regions and topics. Due to this ongoing success, Finance in Motion is seeking a
Senior Investment Officer (m/f/d)
- Support the development of diversified country strategies and portfolios in the European Neighborhood Region (ENR), including Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine
- Research and identify new business opportunities, including growth areas, trends, partnerships, products - or new ways of expanding the current engagement in the region
- Support the development and the implementation of the financial institutions investment strategy in ENR to ensure a good mix in terms of key metrics (impact, risk, return) and with due consideration of the market developments and trends in the ENR and globally
- Identify capacity building/technical assistance needs for financial institutions or market participants to develop concepts and designs for supportive measures as well as innovative development projects
- Support investment activities in the region
- Drive improvements in business efficiency and development
- Keep abreast of the regulatory, sector, and economic trends and changes in the ENR countries
- Participate in targeted policy dialogue with relevant stakeholders in the region
- Represent and position FiM, including through participation in conferences, workshops, etc.
What we expect:
- Relevant financial sector experience, ideally with expertise in portfolio management and business and product development
- Expertise in analyzing financial institutions and understanding various business models/types of institutions
- Knowledge of development finance, including micro / SME finance as well as energy efficiency and renewable energy finance; preferably previous exposure to development institutions
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural team and co-operate with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to complete tasks to a high degree of accuracy, including under tight timeframes
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and oral; business fluency in other languages is an advantage
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills, also in multicultural contexts
- Willingness to travel
- Demonstrable commitment to Finance in Motion´s vision/mission
What you can expect:
- An agile, widely diverse international working environment with over 50 nationalities who are keenly interested in making a positive difference through their work and who share a collaborative, can-do spirit
- A job that allows you to fully utilize and expand your skills within an innovative, hands-on company culture
- A purpose-driven, performance-oriented company that rewards above-average results
- An organization dedicated to providing effective training and upskilling to its employees
Our more than 230 employees working from our 17 offices worldwide are dedicated to promoting sustainable development through market-based finance solutions. If you enjoy tackling complex challenges in a hands-on manner and are seeking an adaptable and motivating work environment, we would very much like to hear from you. Please use our online application system to submit your application.
Tel.: +49 69 27 10 35 483