Working area: Technical Assistance Management
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Working hours: Full-time / Part-time
Finance in Motion is a global impact asset manager focused exclusively on sustainable development in low and middle-income countries. The company develops and advises impact investment funds whose blended finance structures bring together public and private investors to address climate change, strengthen biodiversity conservation, foster the sustainable use of natural resources, improve livelihoods, and promote economic opportunities.
Over the course of its operations, Finance in Motion has unleashed a cumulative total of over EUR 5.4 billion toward these goals in Southeast Europe, the Caucasus, Latin America, the Middle East and North Africa, and sub-Saharan Africa. In addition to investment activities, the funds also provide technical assistance to support investees, foster responsible finance, and maximize impact in the countries they serve.
Since its foundation in 2009, the company has consistently recorded year-on-year growth and expanded into new regions and topics. Due to this ongoing success, Finance in Motion is seeking an Analyst Technical Assistance Management (m/f/d).
Key responsibilities (Technical Assistance Management):
- In close collaboration with Investment Management team, structure capacity building projects for financial institutions (banks, leasing companies and microfinance institutions), central banks and regulators, business support organizations and other partners in the ENR region (with primarily focus on Moldova and Romania) and further regions as required, covering the full project life-cycle:
- Oversee and manage procurement and selection of external service providers/consultants, support contracting of service providers/consultants, including contract drafting and negotiations
- Monitor and guide the quality of the performance of service providers and consultants in line with ToRs and deliverables agreed
- Manage, implement, coordinate, and administer high-quality TA projects in line with international and FiM standards for TA project management
- Contribute to results/impact monitoring and reporting of TA projects in accordance with guiding frameworks
- Steer the monitoring of and learning from TA projects and feed learnings into improved structuring of new TA projects
- Support external stakeholder and donor management with relevant reporting about the use of funds and results/impact
- Day-to-day administration, accounting, and reporting
- Support the day-to-day activities as required for the effective office management, incl. connectivity or rent, ordering office supplies, etc.
- Manage payment transactions (basic office accounting) and petty cash incl. budgeting and monthly reporting to the head office
What we expect:
- University degree, preferably in international development, economics, finance, or social sciences
- Relevant professional experience (incl. internships) in the same or similar field
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Knowledge and understanding of development finance, with emphasis on SME finance and enterprise development, preferred
- Ideally, experience in structuring and implementing capacity building projects for financial institutions and other partners, including a network of relevant services providers/consultants
- Strong conceptual and strategic skills and thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, other languages will be a plus
- Strong writing and presentation skills enhanced by intercultural skills and sensitivities
- Strong command of MS Office package
- Willingness to travel
- Demonstrable commitment to Finance in Motion´s vision/mission
What you can expect:
- An agile, widely diverse international working environment with over 50 nationalities who are keenly interested in making a positive difference through their work and who share a collaborative, can-do spirit
- A job that allows you to fully utilize and expand your skills within an innovative, hands-on company culture
- A purpose-driven, performance-oriented company that rewards above-average results
- An organization dedicated to providing effective training and upskilling to its employees
Our more than 250 employees working from our 17 offices worldwide are dedicated to promoting sustainable development through market-based finance solutions. If you enjoy tackling complex challenges in a hands-on manner and are seeking an adaptable and motivating work environment, we would very much like to hear from you. Please use our online application system to submit your application.
Tel.: +49 69 27 10 35 483